Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

How to Have an Avon Party

If you are an Avon Representative thinking of throwing an Avon Party or a host/hostess looking to stock up on all your favorite Avon goodies by having one at your house then this post will give you some times for having a great Avon Party!

Tips for Avon Representatives

  • Have a list of different parties you can do and theme them around a set of products, such as a ‘feet treat’ party with the Footworks products, or break up the types of shows into specific classes such as ‘evening makeup’, ‘basic skin care class’ and so on. That way you’ll be able to book a different show at each party from the guests and you also don’t have to carry as much product with you.
  • Always try and rebook your hostess for a Christmas party later in the year as this is your biggest selling period.
  • Give all your guests a free sample bags with your business card included. Guests love getting freebies and they are targeted customers so it’s worth spending a little extra on them.
  • You can either make up your own Avon hostess gift, or give her a big discount on her purchases. Work it out with your hostess beforehand (even if you are just giving her a discount – it’s always nice to have a little extra ‘free gift’ as well).
  • Keep the show to around 30 to 40 minutes and make it fun. Any longer and you’ll lose the guests attention. Stay an extra 30 minutes at the end for taking orders and answering questions. (A good party usually only lasts 1 hour to 1 ½ hours).

Tips for Hostesses having an Avon Party

  • As a rule, only about half the people that you invite will show up, so always invite double the amount that you expect to show.
  • Keep food and nibbles to a minimum. Food and cosmetics don’t mix so wait until after the show is over before serving.
  • Champagne is always welcome at girl’s night’s parties, so feel free to give the girls a drink while they shop for their favorite Avon products.
  • Find out if any of your guests want to see a particular Avon product and let your Avon Representative know in case she is able to bring it to your party.

14 comments:

Mona said...

Great Ideas for anyone just starting out!Most of these are very simple,Yet clever ways to start generating some sales!Very Much appreciated!Thanks!!!

Mellisa said...

Great tips! Thanks a lot :D

Ronald said...

Nice simple ideas! Potential customers seem to become "put off" by too much selling. I like to give them their own space so to speak and if they need anything I'm here for them!

Sarah said...

I just started selling AVON and a friend offered to host a party. Thanks for the ideas, we will see how they work!

Rambles'N'Shambles said...

Think I might hace to give this a go, I was thinking about the idea for a while but wasn't sure how to set it out.

Good tips.

sandyavon3310 said...

Do you think a manicure girls night out would be a good party? I would use the foot works exfoliating soap, the luminosity for hands, cuticle remover and speed dry nail polish?

Avon Rep said...

Great tips for a newbie! Thanks, keep it in mind next party! Love the blog.

Ellen Stanton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ellen Stanton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Davon Smith said...

These were really some great tips to throw a party. I guess this will help us to get enrolled.

crash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scofield59 said...

Thanks for these tips, i will follow these tips in my next party

ANKH said...

I am just starting, and I'm super excited! Thanks for the tips! :)

Dee and Liz said...

Hi Tracey! I purchasednyour e-book and I so wish I had that in 2008 but I did not do so bad, I made PC, got Albee award, and a few checks, but became inactive vbecause an personal family trauma. Well I came back, and use my mom as a partner, since I am in school.I really would like to discuss something w/ you regarding vista print, though. They were GREAT back in 08, but if you could email me? deeliz4avon@nc.rr.com
I really would love to talk to you abou this! Thanks so much for the awesome ebook! The tea bag has gotten us SEVEN customers.I am not sure which way I want to go. I have the gusto for Leadership, but I want to do fundraisers. Since I am all for breast cancer, don't get me wrong, but it is all we see now. I want to do children's cancer, child abuse, missing children, animals.....I want to TRY to make a difference and this way I feel I can! Please email regarding vista print.....
Thanks!
Dee and Liz