If you are an Avon Representative thinking of throwing an Avon Party or a host/hostess looking to stock up on all your favorite Avon goodies by having one at your house then this post will give you some times for having a great Avon Party!
Tips for Avon Representatives
- Have a list of different parties you can do and theme them around a set of products, such as a ‘feet treat’ party with the Footworks products, or break up the types of shows into specific classes such as ‘evening makeup’, ‘basic skin care class’ and so on. That way you’ll be able to book a different show at each party from the guests and you also don’t have to carry as much product with you.
- Always try and rebook your hostess for a Christmas party later in the year as this is your biggest selling period.
- Give all your guests a free sample bags with your business card included. Guests love getting freebies and they are targeted customers so it’s worth spending a little extra on them.
- You can either make up your own Avon hostess gift, or give her a big discount on her purchases. Work it out with your hostess beforehand (even if you are just giving her a discount – it’s always nice to have a little extra ‘free gift’ as well).
- Keep the show to around 30 to 40 minutes and make it fun. Any longer and you’ll lose the guests attention. Stay an extra 30 minutes at the end for taking orders and answering questions. (A good party usually only lasts 1 hour to 1 ½ hours).
Tips for Hostesses having an Avon Party
- As a rule, only about half the people that you invite will show up, so always invite double the amount that you expect to show.
- Keep food and nibbles to a minimum. Food and cosmetics don’t mix so wait until after the show is over before serving.
- Champagne is always welcome at girl’s night’s parties, so feel free to give the girls a drink while they shop for their favorite Avon products.
- Find out if any of your guests want to see a particular Avon product and let your Avon Representative know in case she is able to bring it to your party.