But should we take these offers or not?
There are times when you should, and times when I don't recommend it. And here are my reasons why:
- If you have a decent customer base and you think that you'll be able to easily sell the stock to them.
- If it's nearing gift giving time and you want to make up some gift baskets to show your customers and you can use these products.
- If it's cheap enough for you to afford.
- If you have a customer base of less than 20. (Unless you are SURE that they will all buy the products.)
- If you can't afford it.
- There will be times when it's a great deal but you just aren't sure whether to take the deal or not. In times like these I like to run through a quick checklist.
- 1. Is it a product that can be used year round i.e. makeup/skincare?
- 2. Can you afford it right now?
- 3. If you couldn't sell it, would it be something you would buy for yourself anyway?
- 4. Is there a return policy on this deal?
I generally don't buy many advance order deals, simply because I seem to get left with a lot of stock in my house if I do. The only times I will buy is usually either skincare or bath/body products since these are my best sellers.